A 5-month-old boy died after eating a sushi roll and was taken to a hospital, the hospital said.

The boy was taken by ambulance to the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

His mother was treated and released, but the boy died later, according to the hospital.

Police were called to the sushi restaurant on Tuesday and found the boy unresponsive on the floor, Santa Clara County Medical Examiner’s office said in a statement.

His condition was not immediately known.

Police said the child had eaten the sushi roll with his father’s friend, who was also in the restaurant.

The father and friend then brought the boy to the restaurant and called 911, authorities said.

Police found the sushi ball, a bag of sushi and a plastic bag of rice and beans.

They also found a bowl with rice and the rice and bean mixture in it, according the statement.

Related Post